As Chairman of the Westmorland Orchestra I am delighted you have shown an interest in joining us and warmly welcome you here today.
We perform three concerts a year, in December, March and May and rehearsals at Queen Katherine School in Kendal run from September through to the concert in May. Rehearsals are every Wednesday evening from 7.00 to 9.15pm with the exception of school half-term, 4 weeks over Christmas and 2 weeks over the Easter break. The annual membership fee is currently £120.
All members attend as many rehearsals as possible, with apologies in advance to the section leader and/or the conductor in the event of an unavoidable clash with a rehearsal night. Participation in the concerts may be subject to your level of attendance at rehearsals.
Your route to membership of the Westmorland Orchestra is as follows:
• Attendance over a number of weeks giving you time to decide whether you would like to join us
• Completion of an application form, available from the Honorary Secretary
• For string players only, an evening rehearsal playing on the front desk with the section leader who will make his/her recommendation to the Westmorland Orchestra committee
• The committee will then make one of the following decisions:
1. Full membership
2. Rehearsal membership (i.e. not eligible to participate in concerts)
3. Membership not confirmed
On behalf of the membership may I wish you a most enjoyable introduction to our Orchestra.